This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

At Paris Air Show 2015, Rafael Unveils for the First Time I-Derby ER Active Radar Air-to-Air Missile

a

Paris Air Show 2015
International Paris Air Show
15 - 21 June 2015
Paris - Le Bourget, France

At Paris Air Show 2015, Rafael Unveils for the First Time I-Derby ER Active Radar Air-to-Air Missile

I-Derby ER is a new air-to-air & surface-to-air missile featuring software-defined seeker and launching range of 100km, unveiled for the first time during Paris Air Show 2015. I-Derby ER is an innovative active radar air-to-air missile providing aircraft with outstanding and effective performance in short range up to long BVR intercepts.

At Paris Air Show 2015, Rafael Unveils for the First Time I-Derby ER Active Radar Air-to-Air Missile Rafael I-Derby ER missile showcases during Paris Air Show 2015

The missile incorporates the innovative I-Derby RF seeker, combined with a unique increase of kinematic performance, with launching range of 100 km.

The I-Derby ER is equipped with innovative building blocks, including a unique state-of-the-art, Rafael-made RF seeker, based on solid-state technology. The new seeker is Software-Defined, enabling full operational flexibility by controlling all functional parameters, including waveform and duty cycle, via software allowing a unique performance.

This capability facilitates upgrading missile performance against new emerging threats and enemy tactics, such as new EW threats or new airborne targets.

The I-Derby ER maintains legacy capabilities of Rafael's SPYDER air defense systems, and is designed for simplified integration on leading fighters, to include: F-16, F-15, Sukhoi-30, JAS-39 Gripen, Mirage-2000, LCA, and F/A-50.

I-Derby ER can be used as an interceptor in the combat-proven SPYDER Short and Medium Range Air Defense Systems.

The new missile is designed to fit inside an existing SPYDER-SR launcher. All SPYDER systems are designed to engage and destroy a wide spectrum of threats, such as fighter aircraft, helicopters, cruise missiles, UAVs and stand-off weapons.

I-Derby ER also contains advanced Electronic Counter-Counter Measures (ECCM) designed to meet the challenges of air combat in hostile environments and with its exceptional operational flexibility, it can be tailored to the customer's operational requirements.

I-Derby ER incorporates a dual-pulse rocket motor, trajectory shaping and data-link, providing the missile with an excellent kinematic capabilities and a complete information package on the selected target and other targets in close vicinity.