Thales to provide Royal Jordanian Air Force with additional I-Master radar systems

a

Paris Air Show 2015
International Paris Air Show
15 - 21 June 2015
Paris - Le Bourget, France

Thales to provide Royal Jordanian Air Force with additional I-Master radar systems

Thales announced today at Paris Airshow 2015, that they have been selected by the Jordanian Armed Forces to provide further I-Master SAR/GMTI radars for the Royal Jordanian Air Force. The selection follows the successful delivery and installation of the radar onto their Royal Jordian Air Force AC-235 aircraft in 2014.

Thales announced today at Paris Airshow 2015, that they have been selected by the Jordanian Armed Forces to provide further I-Master SAR/GMTI radars for the Royal Jordanian Air Force. The selection follows the successful delivery and installation of the radar onto their Royal Jordian Air Force AC-235 aircraft in 2014. Thales' I-Master tactical surveillance radar system (R) mounted on Watchkeeper UAV at Paris Air Show 2015

I-Master is a compact, lightweight, all-weather tactical surveillance radar, providing world-leading Ground Moving Target Indication (GMTI), Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) performance and Maritime Moving Target Indication (MMTI) mode. I-Master provides high fidelity imagery for classification and positioning with the ability to accurately detect and locate moving targets at long stand-off ranges over land and sea.

Thales is particularly pleased to be able to supply our I-Master radar to the Royal Jordanian Air Force with whom we have shared a long history over many years of collaboration in the delivery of ISR capabilities," said Eddie Awang, Thales’s Vice President in charge of Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance business

The choice of modes in a single sensor, together with its small form factor and high-performance capability, makes I-Master ideally suited for a wide range of manned and unmanned, fixed and rotary platforms.

I-Master is Thales' new lightweight high performance combined Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and Ground Moving Target Indicator (GMTI). I-Master weighs only 30kg, and provides the perfect balance of capability, cost, weight and power consumption for use onboard a wide range of unmanned air vehicles (UAV), helicopters, small fixed wing aircraft and tilt rotor platforms.

Thales announced today at Paris Airshow 2015, that they have been selected by the Jordanian Armed Forces to provide further I-Master SAR/GMTI radars for the Royal Jordanian Air Force. The selection follows the successful delivery and installation of the radar onto their Royal Jordian Air Force AC-235 aircraft in 2014. Thales' I-Master tactical surveillance radar system

The low weight of I-Master means that a combined SAR/GMTI capability can be added to tactical UAVs either in addition to or instead of electro-optic (E/O) sensors. I-Master is also designed to fit existing E/O payload mountings. On smaller air vehicles, which are able to carry just one payload, this unique feature enables the sensor to be exchanged within a few minutes. This capability will allow the platform's role to be quickly adapted as the mission tempo and the environment changes. For larger air vehicles, able to carry more than one payload, collaborative targeting using both SAR/GMTI and EO packages greatly increases the options available to the field commander.

I-Master builds upon Thales' radar expertise that exists in depth in both the UK and France. This expertise has made it possible for Thales to develop a SAR/GMTI radar sensor that not only delivers high performance but also sufficiently light and inexpensive to be fitted to Tactical UAVs. I-Master provides an all-weather capability, which dramatically increases Tactical UAV mission effectiveness. High quality imaging is now possible in hostile environments such as cloud and smoke. The ability to image at long stand-off ranges improves UAV survivability by distancing the air vehicle from potential ground fire.

I-Master incorporates a high performance Ground Moving Target Indicator (GMTI) able to detect both vehicle and infantry movements at ranges up to 20km. Very low speed targets can be detected through the use of multi-channel processing.

With 360-degree coverage and an innovative stabilised antenna, I-Master provides high quality images over a wide area from small air vehicles in a wide range of flight conditions.